An invitation to join us
Our Belief: As people of faith…
We embrace Dr. Martin Luther King’s hope for peace and safety in our communities.
We resist apathy to this epidemic of violence, because fear, closed doors, and separation will not end it.
We unite to bring God’s vision of a peaceable kingdom, without the violent loss of nearly 400 lives in Philadelphia alone last year.
- Become a Partner Faith Community and join a coalition of religious groups comprised of urban, suburban, rural congregations from all religions and denominations to reduce gun violence.
- Create positive energy, take positive action, and make positive change!
- Take steps to educate Faith Community members and attenders about gun violence.
- Adopt a Resolution to Prevent Gun Violence.
- Work with local gun shops to adopt a "Code of Conduct" to eliminate legal purchases of guns for illegal resale (straw purchases).
- Partner with other faith communities across geographic, religious and racial lines to develop programs, promote awareness and develop legislative and other strategies.
- Connection with other Faith Communities for the purposes of working together.
- Speakers and storytellers to visit your meeting.
- Help with advocacy in working with local gun shops.
- Information and support for legislative advocacy campaigns
- Connection and collaboration with community action and advocacy groups
- Information sharing between Partner Faith Communities about events & strategies.
- Periodic gatherings of all Partner Faith Communities to share experiences, ideas and materials.